Construction Joint Cover – 100mm – Aluminium – SFS 0105S
- Section Length – 3660mm exactly
- Straightness – Max. 5mm deflection over 3.66m length
- Processing – Mill extrusion – no processing
- Finish – Mill finish – clean appearance
The Construction Joint Cover is designed to be fitted over existing concrete expansion joints once flooring works have been completed. It is assumed that sub-floors have been prepared according to the relevant Australian and New Zealand Standards (ie. AS/NZ 1884-1985).
1. Construction Joint Cover may be installed by using either a moisture curing high strength urethane adhesive (ie P990) applied as per manufacturers directions to the underside of the construction joint, should a non-invasive fixing process be desired,
2. the Construction Joint Cover may be secured in place by drilling and counter-sinking the screw heads in a drill and plug installation. When this method is used, it is recommended that a bead of silicone (ie Mapesil), or mastic adhesive is run along both bottom length edges of the extrusion to fill in any surface variations of the concrete floor. This will remove any subsequent “tapping” effect that could develop.